Pinterest is definately my favourite time sink of all!
One of the fastest growing social networks online, Pinterest is the third-largest such network behind only Facebook and Twitter!!!
Although it's not that famous among my european friends yet, I am sure it will soon become as popular as it is in US. I am still a rookie in the Pinterest world, but with all those hours already spent on browsing those amazing finds I think I am learning the Pin etiquette quite fast.
MDGadvertising has created the above infographic explaining this fastest-growing social network that turned it into susch a powerful business and marketing tool.
And how to get the most from Pinterest and get more traffic? If you are also a brand owner you might find the following tips useful:
1. TELL YOUR STORY - inspire pinners and show them what you’re all about with a great profile, make it personal; Pinners appreciate authenticity, so don’t be afraid to show the real you
2. CREATE INSPIRING BOARDS - show your own original contenet to pin, remember to choose beautiful, eye-catching photos; people love useful information so think of pinning more tutorials
3. CELEBRATE SEASONS AND HOLIDAYS - The holidays are a great time to help people dream up ideas and make them a reality
4. WRITE THOUGHTFUL DESCRIPTIONS -Your descriptions are really important, you might want to include keywords so people can find your pin in search
5. LINK TO A USEFUL WEB PAGE - Help people take action on your pins. When you pin something, be sure that it links to a useful web page
6. HOST A CONTEST - Host a contest where participants must pin content from your site, or repin pins you already have on Pinterest that link back to your site (check the brands like Sony or Bergdorf Goodman to learn more)
7. PROMOTE YOUR PINS - link your pins on Facebook or Twitter account to your Pinterest profile, you might also think of creating a section on your blog devoted just to this
8. MAKE YOUR PRODUCTS DISCOVERABLE - if you own an online shop use the Pin It button on your product pages to help people share and remember things they like
9. DO A PINTEREST SEARCH - See what people are pinning, and get ideas for what you might pin
10. LEARN MORE - Pinterest keeps updating their site, follow their Pinterest for Business board, check out a few case studies or review the branding guidelines for more info